At Smart Neuro Health & Wellness Centers, we focus on the following to ensure our patients receive the best care when it comes to mental and emotional issues:
Emphasis on evidence based psychiatric care:
We provide full psychiatric services at all locations and focus on common diseases like depression, anxiety, and overall brain health. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible evidence based care based on a patients individual needs.
Focus on measurement-based outcomes:
We take all necessary steps to provide a personalized care plan to get you the best overall outcome for each patient.
Comprehensive treatment options including:
Psychopharmacologic management, psychotherapy, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), and Neurofeedback are just some of the therapy options available to our providers.
Collaborative care coordination with PCP:
Communication is the key to your successful outcome and wellness. We go to great lengths to effectively communicate with your personal physician on your treatment plan.
Treatment of Substance Abuse
Anyone can be a victim of substance abuse. Be it a child, an adult, the rich and famous, and the poverty-stricken. Once a person has been vulnerable to the calls of illegal drugs, it will be start of a miserable condition that affects not only the user, but also the people closest to him.
When and why a person starts to take illegal drugs?
There are many factors that can be considered why people, though prohibited and harmful, still contaminate their body with opium, heroin, marijuana, and other forms of controlled substances. Below are just a few:
- Not getting any happiness from what you are doing. Everyone is motivated to do things for just one reason—the hope of getting happiness from the results of his actions.You eat, make money, have sex, develop relationships, and wake up in the morning in the pursuit of happiness. But if these things are not met, you will feel hopelessness, helplessness, and powerlessness. You will feel utter loneliness, really. There is no other way to remove these unwanted feelings than to take addictive drugs. Because at some point, you will believe that happiness can be felt all over again if you’re high on dope.
- Environment. The old saying that goes, “Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are,” applies to this next factor. If you are surrounded with people who take illegal drugs, sooner or later, you will also have to experience it as well.
- Media and advertising. You won’t know something unless you hear and see it. You won’t be craving for something that doesn’t ignite your desire. You can’t be addicted to something that you have not felt before. You won’t be missing something that you don’t know of yet. Media and advertising play a crucial role in the wellbeing, behavior, and the ability of a person to decide. Media and advertising are also the ones that introduces us to these controlled substances, be it in commercials or movies.
How to get out of substance abuse
When you find yourself imprisoned in the shackles of illegal drugs, be brave and decide to get out of it. This is the very first step. Your conscious decision that you want to be free from the slavery of drugs is what you need to effectively turn your back on these addictive substances.
After making the decision to end substance abuse, the next thing you have to do is to recognize that you need help. Without external forces to stop you from taking drugs, you will find it hard to escape from the demands. These external helps can be your family, a spiritual teacher, or a professional counselor.
Once you get help, immediately take on the necessary steps on how to get out of substance abuse. The journey to getting clean can be long and tough, but the success all depends on your commitment to change. Be willing and committed. The world is equipped with everything you need to change. You just need to get your feet on it.
|Coventry First Health||Yes||Yes|
|Private Healthcare Systems||Yes||Yes|
|USA Health Network||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR Cigna ACO||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR Humana MA ACO||Yes||Yes|
|HealthSC OPE (DART||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR UHC ACO||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR Aetna ACO||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR BCBS ACO||Yes||Yes|
|SWHR THA ACO||Yes||Yes|
- We deal directly with commercial health insurance companies
- We provide appropriate documentation which allows our patients who choose to file for additional reimbursement the documentation they need to do so.
- Co-Payments due at time of service
- We accept: Cash, Checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover
- Missed appointments or appointments canceled less then 24 hours before the scheduled appointment will be charged the full fee of the appointment before another appointment can be scheduled.
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor just like your pediatrician, your internist, or your surgeon. The difference is that after completing medical school a psychiatrist spends four years specializing in mental health.
A psychologist is a mental health professional with a Ph.D. in Psychology. In this case the title "Doctor" refers to the individual's academic degree.
Psychiatrist and psychologists rely on each other to provide the most complete care for their patients.
A Physician Extender has received the appropriate degree and experience within a specific specialty area and is individually licensed by the state. They are mainstream providers who provide high quality healthcare services, acting as an extension of our doctors. They may treat, diagnose, and prescribe for a patient whose condition is within their specialty area of practice.
PE’s teach patients how to get health and stay healthy by:
- Diagnosing and treating illness
- Prescribing medications
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory tests
- Educating patients
- Coordinating healthcare services.
At Smart Neuro Health, we don’t think of mental health as mental health. We think of it as brain health. Why? Because of the stigma associated with mental health treatment. One strategy to decrease this stigma is to educate the public that mental disorders, rather than being character flaws or personal weakness, have a biological and neurological basis.
What if mental health problems were evaluated and treated like other medical issues, and physicians were using functional imaging tools, genetics, and other markers to guide treatment?
Currently, doctors prescribe psychotherapy or powerful combinations of medications without ever looking at how an individual patient’s brain works. When it comes to behavior, learning or emotional problems, doctors prescribe treatments in the dark. But, not at Smart Neuro Health & Wellness Centers. We look at your whole-body health and its history.